Thursday, January 1, 2015

Renovation Reality - part 2

Sooo, progress has been made over the past several months, albeit slow progress.  It took a long time to get our door installed, but as soon as that was done, we got to work on the finishing. 

        The door from the outside after installation. I love it!

Most of the work up to painting, I admit, was done by Jim... And with great help from our brother in law Rick in the 'electricity department'... Thanks Rick!  Jas' muscle came in handy for putting in the sister joists Jim insisted we needed in the ceiling. Haha, my husband is 'all about that insulation' and he wanted it very heavy duty near the roof. 
Here are some progress pics...


Just looks like walls and insulation right?  I know, but seeing the process will make the final product so much more amazing I think. By the way, we paid for the drywall to be installed and finished. Just couldn't imagine all the stress and strain of doing it ourselves this time. So glad we had it done, even though we think they could've done a better job, at least we didn't have to do it.  
We even had a new roof put on during the process. It had to be done, as there were a few leaks we discovered in this room! 

        The paint colors going on. Notice light gray ceiling color! 

      Getting ready to roll on the orange. 

 So we are finally getting to the finishing touches. I'm so excited to share my decorating projects with you all. I've already posted some bits to intrigue on facebook, and more blog posts will be coming soon.  The color looks fabulous and my curtains have been ordered. 
Next, the floor. Hopefully all goes as planned and sanding and finishing goes smooth. We will see...
Stayed tuned for more issues of my Renovation Realities!!  
Be back soon,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment