Friday, July 25, 2014

Here goes...

Soooo, here goes...
I have decided to share some of my creativity.  Now, I am my first worst critic, but I am also pretty good at talking myself up when I'm proud of what I've done. I'm hoping that this positive part of me can become stronger through the writing of this blog, but of course, without letting it go to my head.

I had the idea of starting this type of blog after a particularly impressive use of leftovers!  We had a cookout and ending up with an abundance of barbecue chicken ( made with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce-yummmm).
Here's what I did...
I love anything Mexican or Italian by the way, so expect to hear it again. I shredded the chicken and added more BBQ sauce and some taco seasoning, making a very tasty chicken BBQ taco meat!  And to top it off I created a cilantro lime slaw, which I have perfected a recipe for (more about that in a future post).  Hungry yet??  It was a fantastic fresh combination in a crunchy corn shell.  Delish! Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures, but don't worry future posts WILL include photos!!

The creativity didn't stop there, folks.  No, I had more yum up my sleeves.  The next day I found a flatbread on the markdown shelf at my local Kroger store.  I'm a bargain hunter too, FYI.  I still had leftover chicken BBQ taco meat so I made the tastiest flatbread pizza ever!  If you'd like to try, follow these steps...
Brush flatbread with olive oil
Spread the shredded meat out over the bread (heavy, light, to your desire)
Add sliced  or diced onions
I added pieces of grilled pineapple too
Sprinkle with a little cumin
Bake at 400* for about 7-8 minutes
Remove from oven and sprinkle on shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Return to 400* oven until cheese is melty
Then cut into slices and enjoy just like my husband and I did. It was a great 'by the pool' Saturday lunch!

I hope these ideas inspire you in some way.  Really, anything I do is easy enough for you to try too!
Until next post (with pictures of course)...

No comments:

Post a Comment